In this hairstyling tutorial, Redken Artist Lauren Hagen shares tips and techniques for creating 4 great hairstyles that take less than 5 minutes to complete. Learn how to create amazing styles that will keep you looking chic and polished when you’re busy on-the-go.
These hairstyles are perfect for women with short or medium length hair. In this demo, you’ll learn how to create a soft waves, low buns, a side twist and a top knot– the ultimate set of cute hairstyles for your busy lifestyle.
- Step 1: Mist with Iron Shape 11 which will protect the hair from heat
- Step 2: Curl away from the face using a one inch curling iron on a slight diagonal
- Step 3: Clip curl at the base with a pin. Complete 4 curls on each side. Let set cool.
- Step 4: Remove pins. Work through the set with your fingers or a brush for a softer end result.
- Step 5: Secure the look with Fashion Work 12 and Shine Flash 02 for a high shine finish.
- Step 1: Create a middle part from the crown down to the nape of the neck
- Step 2: Isolate some hair at the hairline to add character.
- Step 3: Create 2 low ponytails.
- Step 4: Section each ponytail into 3 smaller sections. Lightly tease each section for fullness.
- Step 5: Twist each ponytail into a bun. Pin into place.
- Step 6: Take section of hair from hairline and gently wrap around bun. Secure with pin.
- Step 7: Finish with Redken’s Fashion Work 12 hairspray
- Step 1: Gather the hair around the crown area and create a ponytail at the top of the head. Secure with an elastic.
- Step 2: Starting at the bottom of your ponytail, lightly tease hair to add fullness.
- Step 3: Starting at the base of the ponytail, wrap hair around until top knot starts to form. Pin into place.
- Step 4: Finish with Redken’s Fashion Work 12 hairspray
- Step 1: Create a middle part from the hairline to the crown
- Step 2: Create another part to the top of the ear on each side
- Step 3: Clip hair away from face. S
- tep 4: Starting on the right side, twist hair in a backward motion. Repeat on opposite side. Secure each side twist with a bobby pin.
- Step 5: Unclip hair from back and let the hair fall over your side twists.